Alchemilla mollis, commonly known as lady's mantle, is a clump-forming perennial that produces beautiful and unusual chartreuse green flowers and foliage.Product Characteristics:
• Height: 30-45 cm (12-18 in)
• Spread: 45-60 cm (18-24 in)
• Flower color: Chartreuse green
• Flowering period: Late spring to early summer
• Foliage: Soft, velvety, grey-green
• Sunlight requirements: Partial shade to full sun
• Soil requirements: Well-draining, moist soil, pH level 5.5-7.0
• Hardiness Zone: 2Uses:
Alchemilla mollis is a versatile plant that can be used in a variety of ways. It works well as a groundcover, edging, or in a mixed border. The unusual foliage and flowers also make it an excellent choice for cut flower arrangements.Benefits:
• Low-maintenance: Lady's mantle is a hardy perennial that requires little maintenance, making it ideal for busy gardeners.
• Drought tolerant: Once established, Alchemilla mollis is quite drought tolerant, making it a good choice for dry areas.
• Attracts wildlife: The flowers of Alchemilla mollis attract a variety of pollinators, including bees and butterflies.Companion Plants:
Astilbe: Astilbe has feathery plumes of pink, red, or white flowers that bloom in the summer, which will provide a beautiful contrast to the Alchemilla's chartreuse foliage. Additionally, astilbe prefers partial shade and moist soil, making it an excellent plant to grow alongside Alchemilla, which also prefers these growing conditions.
Geranium Rozanne: Geranium Rozanne is a perennial that produces large, violet-blue flowers with white centers from early summer to fall. This plant will provide a lovely color contrast to the Alchemilla's soft green foliage. Geranium Rozanne also tolerates partial shade and prefers moist soil, making it a perfect companion for Alchemilla.
Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola': Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola' is a beautiful ornamental grass with variegated leaves that are striped with shades of green and gold. This grass is ideal for growing alongside Alchemilla because it is shade-tolerant and prefers moist soil. When planted together, the golden-yellow leaves of the Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola' will complement the chartreuse foliage of Alchemilla, creating an eye-catching combination in the garden.
Alchemilla mollis is a unique and versatile plant that is well-suited for a variety of garden settings. With its unusual foliage and chartreuse green flowers, it is sure to add interest to any garden. Plus, its low-maintenance nature makes it an excellent choice for busy gardeners who want to add some color and texture to their landscape without a lot of upkeep.