No Products in the Cart
Geum triflorum, commonly known as Prairie smoke, is a perennial herbaceous plant that is native to North America. It is a member of the rose family and is known for its unique and delicate flowers that resemble smoke rising from the ground.
• Height: 20-40 cm (8-16 in)
• Spread: 30-45 cm (12-18 in)
• Flower color: Deep pink to reddish-purple
• Flowering period: Late spring to early summer (May-June)
• Foliage: Green, fern-like, and turns bronze in the fall
• Sunlight requirements: Full sun to partial shade
• Soil requirements: Well-draining, sandy to loamy soil, pH level: 5.5 to 7.0
• Hardiness Zone: 4
Geum triflorum is an excellent choice for rock gardens, cottage gardens, prairies, and meadows. It is also suitable for borders, as a ground cover, and is a great addition to pollinator gardens.
This plant is known for its hardiness, drought tolerance, and ability to attract bees and butterflies to the garden. The delicate flowers are long-lasting and add a unique texture to any garden design.
Geum triflorum is a low maintenance plant that requires moderate watering and well-drained soil. It prefers full sun to partial shade and can tolerate drought conditions. It may require staking if planted in a windy location. Deadheading after flowering will encourage new growth and extend the blooming period.
Geum triflorum is a beautiful and unique addition to any garden. Its delicate flowers and fern-like foliage add texture and interest to any landscape design. Its hardiness and low maintenance make it a perfect choice for the busy gardener who wants to add a touch of elegance to their garden.